birding-aus

*Alarm cock's*

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: *Alarm cock's*
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 19:13:52 -0800 (PST)
No Tony R and Michael N not a typo?

 :^D>>>>

The past few mornings, up until this morning that is,
I've had a new alarm clock? six sulphur crested cock's
have been honouring me with their early morning
presence, those sweet, dulcet, melodious, high pitched
screeching and squawking at about 105 decibel is a
sheer pleasure to behold and hear at that hour and at
about a distance of about 7 feet away from my ear on
the pillow. Just ask "Eggy" and "Lee" :^D

As I said that was until this am when someone must
have called the "Parrot Police?" because this am I
got, the first callers were 2 Yellow Tailed Black
Cockatoo's,
(Thee Policing bird). I think they bob up and down
like an English Bobby/Policeman :^D Sorry Ken.

I suspect they were daytrippers from French Island,
these left to be replaced by Ros and Ella my two much
loved Eastern Rosella's. When Ros and Ella left in
flew the Rainbow Lorikeet clan along with all my local
small birds. The small birds don't seem concerned at
the leg pulling of the RL's? Next to visit were the 2
white backed Australasian magpie families, one family
are raising four young whilst the other family has
three young entow. Magpie lark's seem to be coping
well.

So many sad faces on the sea birds of Western Port? I
suppose it is due to the impending closure of RIBO?
and all because of that silly human thing called
money! tisk tisk tisk ..... what a great young persons
learning facility going down the gurgler .... tisk
tisk tisk.

Take care out there please,
for we will never learn, eh?
John A. Gamblin