birding-aus

Linnaen Society

To: "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Linnaen Society
From: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:05:43 +1000
g'day all,
Denise Goodfellow wrote...
"Can anyone fill me in on the Linnaen Society?"

The local chapter of the Society has been active some time.

I replied direct to Denise but my Bibliography of Birding in NW and CW Qld includes this reference...

LINNEAN SOCIETY, Proceedings of Linnean Society of NSW
1877, Vol 1, P378-386, Le Compte de Castleneau  and E Pierson Ramsay
Notes of the collection of birds from the Norman River, Gulf of Carpentaria, with some descriptions of some new species.

They "secured"  (which is a euphemism for collected/shot/killed) 104 species !

Regards, Bob Forsyth, Mount Isa, NW Qld.