birding-aus

List Update. Banyule Wetlands

To: <>
Subject: List Update. Banyule Wetlands
From: "bob longmuir" <>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 21:48:02 +1100

  Michael,

 Thought my first birding-aus message should be to update the result of our "Breakfast with the Birds" morning.  The final list on 21st October was 81 species in just under two hours.  The 81st was of course Gina'sPainted Snipe which has been most obliging for the past week.  Congratulations must go to the City of Banyule Council for the exdellent job they do in maintaining and improving the wetlands and surrounding bushland.  The brochures they produce to encourage locals to become interested in the area are first class.  A great place to visit.  A big thank you to the 17 BOCA guides who helped show the locals some exciting birding.

Barb. Longmuir