birding-aus

Re Banyule Painted Snipe

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re Banyule Painted Snipe
From: "Paul Rose" <>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:01:24 +1100
Would be interested if anyone goes to look for the Painted Snipe later today
and is successful.  I spent an hour looking at the grubby pool this morning
from 9:30-10:30am without success.  I noticed, as I now read in another posted
message, that the rubbish has all been stirred around with all the rain that
has flooded into the pool itself.  Naturally this threw me as I would have
expected the rubbish to guide me to the bird - how dare the rubbish move !
As I wasn't familiar with other possible roosting sites I had a good look at
the nesting Frogmouth on my way out and called it a morning.  One does have to
work I suppose !

In anticipation of hearing some good news.

Cheers,

Paul