birding-aus

Birdwatching in Cairns Oct. 20-23

To: Birding-AUS-ML <>
Subject: Birdwatching in Cairns Oct. 20-23
From: Kazumi TERADA <>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 22:20:55 +0900
Hi everyone,

Enjoyed birdwatching in and near Cairns Oct. 20-23.

Oct. 20 (AM) Cairns Crocodile Farm
Oct. 20 (PM) Michaelmas Cay by chartered Sea Star II
Oct. 21  Atherton Table Land (near Atherton)
Oct. 21 (evening) Botanic garden
Oct. 22  Atherton Table Land (near Mareeba)
Oct. 23  Esplanade

The weather was not so good as Oct. 20 was hot, Oct. 21 and 22
were shower, but totally 174 species were observed, in which I saw
139 species (102 is new for myself).
All birds obeserved are listed below. (Sorry for a long list!)

Michaelmas Cay was nice for watching Great Frigatebird, Brown
Bobby and Terns from near distance.

At the Hotel Matson Resort where we stayed, we saw Peregrine
Falcon, one adult and three immatures on the roof of the hotel.
A person of the hotel knew it and kindly informed us.

Thank you for the member who gave me the information of Cairns.

Regards,

Kazumi TERADA
Chiba, JAPAN
E-Mail: