birding-aus

BLUE-BILLED DUCKS

To: "BIRDING-AUS" <>, "ALLAN MORRIS" <>
Subject: BLUE-BILLED DUCKS
From: "Allan Richards" <>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 21:24:06 +1000
The Blue-billed Ducks are still on the dam near Meadow Flat and appear to
have bred. Local birdwatcher, Ron Broomham reports that there are 2 males
and 3 females. We were not close enough to be absolutely certain but a young
duckling swimming near an adult female when we visited yesterday, Sunday Oct
21st was probably a young Blue-bill.

The dam is on private property along Curly Dick Road at Meadow Flat which is
on the Great Western Hwy about 35 kms east of Bathurst, NSW. Curly Dick Road
is signposted "Tarana" and runs south from the highway near "Karoo"
Angus-stud. The dam is on Karoo a couple of km from the highway and can be
viewed from the road.

Allan Richards
Sydney  N.S.W Australia
Phone: +61 (02) 9660-8062