birding-aus

website on cd rom

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: website on cd rom
From: "Peter Waanders" <>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 16:18:14 +0930
I hope Russell you will allow me to ask if certain Birding-aus members who have their own website or know about these things can provide me with some information. Others - please delete!
I received an email from a US company wanting to publish my website on CD-ROM called the World Online Digest, which is distributed to subscribers in the UK and Australia who do not have access to the Internet; with the CD-ROM, they can browse family-friendly Web sites without paying for an Internet connection. It appears they do charge subscribers but don't say how much. I checked out their website and it's good-looking but basic, with US phone numbers and email addresses.
With so many suspicious schemes, email databases, viruses, hoaxes and what not going around I'm not sure about this; I thought it might be a good idea and should be harmless enough?? Does anybody else know anything about this?
Many thanks in advance

Cheers

Peter Waanders
Birdwatching SA website: http://www.riverland.net.au/~peterw

The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or legally privileged.  Use or disclosure of the information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise by return e-mail.