birding-aus

Thanks!!!

Subject: Thanks!!!
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 19:48:05 +1100

G'day all,

Thank you Russell for your words about mine and others postings to the
birding-aus list re. northern Victorian bird reports.  It certainly makes me
very happy to hear positive feedback from list subscribers (and now list
keepers!!), and only makes me want to contribute more interesting and relevant
stuff for the pleasure of others to enjoy.  As far as I see it, I think that is
what this forum is all about - providing interesting topics for discussion, trip
reporting or reporting casual observations for the benefit and enjoyment of
others, and this might even benefit the birds!

AdditionalIy, I have met several people through my involvement with this list,
some of which I have arranged, but others by chance in the field.  It's amazing
who you bump into out there.

I reckon every subscriber thinks this is a great service and very well kept and
maintained list and I think Russell deserves a big congratulations for
overseeing this.  Well done Russ!

I couldn't agree more with RusselI that north-west Victoria is just a magic spot
to be.  As a 'local', I regard it as one of the best in Australia for birding.
It's hard to put a finger on exactly what it is.  I certainly have numerous
memorable experiences of birding in the region that will last a lifetime, and
that I'll take with me wherever I go.

Cheers and happy birding,

Chris