birding-aus

Hunter Valley Woodswallow Irruption!

To: <>
Subject: Hunter Valley Woodswallow Irruption!
From: "Vella" <>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 18:51:07 -0700
With the strong winds over the weekend in NSW, this may have been a factor
to drive Woodswallows to the coast (rather than drought). I remember one
very windy day (winds from the west) produced a good number of White-browed
Woodswallows to Barren Grounds NR (despite good rain inland). I was
expecting some to be present in Sydney yesterday but did not see/hear any. A
few White-browed Woodswallows do probably turn up each year along the east
coast, drought or no drought.

Edwin Vella