birding-aus

*Thee Ulti~mate lifestyle

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: *Thee Ulti~mate lifestyle
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 18:23:21 -0700 (PDT)
G'day All,

Whilst tuned into 774 3 hello, giggle, this am and
listening to Jon Feign, I heard Scott the ranger from
French Island making comment on the Koala Bears of
French Island.

I know, I know Koala bears are not birds but read on
please as they do from time to time fly from one tree
to another at their speed .... :^D

The Koala population on French Island is of such
booming numbers that they use the population on French
Island to restock many other locations with Chlamydia
free Koala's.

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~koalas/factsprobs.html

With it now a known fact that Koala's don't have
shares or money invested in Foster's or an Adelaide
wine company, they don't get drunk, has this technique
been used or considered for use within the bird world?
some Australian birds don't travel to far afield and
it made me think about the wholesale slaughter of the
Queensland bush and loss of wildbird habitat plus that
wicked and horrid person that came to Oz and murdered
with a permit some gorgeous Queensland birds that I
still grieve for.

The Queensalnd bush destruction is taking place as I
type.

I therefore ask:
Could the remainder of the Oz states sell back to the
Queensland Govt. the wild birds reared and raised in
other states. Is this possible? could Queensland
afford it? if say, I as a Victorian I were to sell a
hand raised orphaned "Bowerbird" to the Queensland
Govt. considering to many on this planet they are
looked upon as being pure gold(en) ......

Just a friendly ask at present, as I sit here
listening to the young of these parts being taught
about the ways of Penguins at my local library.

I wonder if they "abber Ton's" of birds up there?

=====
1/1 Mullet Street,
Hastings, 3915,
Victoria,
Australia
Home Phone 03 5979 3709

"Only a fool accepts what he is not equipped to question."