birding-aus

Request for help - birding in and around melbourne

Subject: Request for help - birding in and around melbourne
From: Hugo Phillipps <>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:26:38 +1000
Hi everybody -

We have received the message below from Jerry DeMarco in Canada regarding a
request for help with a day's birding around Melbourne on 17 November.  If
anybody can assist Jerry, please contact him directly.  I assume he is not
on Birding-Aus.

Cheers,
Hugo
----------------------------

I am seeking assistance in planning a day's birding on Nov 17.  As part of
a management training course, I will be in Melbourne for four days in
November.  The only free time scheduled in the course is the day I arrive
(Nov 17).  I will reach Melbourne at 10:50am and will have the whole day
and evening free.  Because of the timing of the trip I will not be able to
arrive earlier or stay later to enjoy the birdlife around Melbourne more
extensively - though I will be in and around Sydney in mid-December for 2
weeks.

What I am wondering is whether there is anyone who would be interested in
'guiding' me as a visiting birder for the day, with perhaps and end-of-day
trip to the Penguin parade.  I would be delighted in finding someone to do
it for fun (I am happy to cover all expenses of course) or for a reasonable
guiding fee.  The idea would be to try to see as many birds as possible in
the one day, especially ones that I will not likely see around Sydney when
I go there in December.  I have never been to Australia so nearly all birds
would be new to me.

I realize this is probably an unusual request but I thank you in advance
for any ideas or contacts you may have.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Jerry

Jerry DeMarco
Managing Lawyer
Sierra Legal Defence Fund
Ontario Office
30 St Patrick Street, Suite 900
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M5T 3A3
ph: (416) 368-7533 (SLDF), ext. 29
fax: (416) 363-2746
email:
website: www.sierralegal.org

Hugo Phillipps
Communications Coordinator
Birds Australia
415 Riversdale Road
HAWTHORN EAST 3123, Australia
Tel: (03) 9882 2622, fax: (03) 9882 2677
Email: <>
Web site: <http://www.birdsaustralia.com.au>