birding-aus

Some recent sightings

To: <>
Subject: Some recent sightings
From: "J & C Krohn" <>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:34:00 +1000
Folks,

Had the chance to look around a few sites in the lower Goulburn Valley last week - lots of Pink-eared Ducks and Australasian Shovelers, a few Black-tailed Native Hens and a couple of pairs of Red-capped Plovers (quite a surprise for me) at the Tatura sewerage works, about 20 km west of Shepparton; Sulphur-crested Cockatoos harassing a Peregrine Falcon, and hearing an early White-winged Triller (plus seeing the usual great array of waterbirds) at Reedy Swamp (5 km north of Shepparton); a couple of Darters at Lake Victoria in the middle of Shep itself, and some great woodland birds in Grey Box bush at the western end of Strays Lane, a few km south of Nagambie - White-winged Choughs, several Jacky Winters, lots of Brown Treecreepers, plus quite a few Leopard Orchids.  Nice distractions on a work trip.

Will be offline for the next few weeks - leaving on our family camping adventure to southern Queensland and north-eastern NSW this weekend.  My thanks again to all those birding-ausers who have provided information in response to my broad-based RFIs, and I'll let you all know how we got on when we return.

Regards,

    Jack