birding-aus

Box-Ironbark

Subject: Box-Ironbark
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 19:40:29 +1000
The Victorian Environment Conservation Council's final report on
box-ironbark areas can now be seen at:
http://exwb01.nre.vic.gov.au/ecc/

The helpful Q&As.doc on their web page says how to get the
report for $10.

It will now be going to the State parliament.  After the marine
national parks bill fiasco and with the narrow majorities in
some seats affected by this report, who knows what will happen.
But we can always complain there is not enough for nature
conservation.

I'm not sure when it was released. Some of the documents have a
June date but I don't think it was in the news until last
Thursday (23/8) when there was a piece in The Age. But there
doesn't seem to be anything about it on any newspaper web site.

Did you make a submission ? If so I'd be interested to know if
your name appears in Appendix 6.  Mine doesn't!