birding-aus

URL's for Bird Taxonomy and Checklists - Pt 1

To: "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: URL's for Bird Taxonomy and Checklists - Pt 1
From: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:08:21 +1000
C L A S S I F I C A T I O N S  &   C H E C K L I S T S

Bird Families of the World (Don Roberson)

Bird Families of the World

Bird List (World Institute for Conservation and Environment - WICE)
(Provides Country lists)

Bird Lists
ABA, AOU & Sibley & Monroe,
http://birdingonthe.net/birdlists/

Birds Australia - Rarities Committee (BARC)
http://users.bigpond.net.au/palliser/barc/barc-home.html

Birds of the World  - Biology Base - Robert B Hole Jnr

British Ornithological Union - The British List

British Ornithological Union - Changes to the British List
http://www.bou.org.uk/recnews.html

Clements (Revisions 4th to 5th Ed,n)
http://members.aol.com/SBSP/move4to5.html

Clements (updates for 5th edition)

Fossil Records of Avian Taxa

Field Guide to the Birds on the Web
(Systematic & Alphabetical Lists)
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/7576/

Key to the Orders of Birds in the United States

Sibley and Monroe

Taxonomic Changes since Sibley & Monroe 1993
Ralph A de By

Recently described Bird Species and Splits

Records Committee Web Sites
http://www.mdbirds.org/mddcrc/rccomms.html

USA and International Records Committee Web Sites

Zoonomen
(Zoological Nomenclature Resource - Alan P. Peterson)