birding-aus

RE: Fox road kills in Melbourne

To: birding <>
Subject: RE: Fox road kills in Melbourne
From: jilldening <>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 12:57:26 +1000
 Scott O'Keeffe  17/8/01 12:39 PM

I havnt personally seen wedgies as roadkills, but some of my work colleagues
who work mostly in rural areas assure me that they are regularly hit while
scavenging road-killed animals. Perhaps someone else can comment on this?

Yes, I can Scott. I spent the years 1993, 94 and 95 travelling throughout Australia in a motorhome - three years of wonderful birding.

We saw dead wedgies many times beside earlier roadkills, but I would hesitate, after all this time, to put a number on it. We often stopped to pull kills off the road, but if we had stopped at every one, we would still be on the first stage of our journey.

Cheers

Jill

--
Jill Dening