birding-aus

*Raining Quiz*

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: *Raining Quiz*
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 23:16:48 -0700 (PDT)
G'day All,

Whilst traveling back from Frankston on the "Sir
Harold Clapp" train today it commenced raining? this
is very strange I thought? as the little beads on the
windows shot across the dusty external windows.

This is not the rain we normally get? then it arrived
:^D 14 minutes into the train journey and we are at
Somerville, the rain has grown somewhat heavy :-] so
much so that by the time the train drew into Tyabb it
was pouring down and looked like it had been raining
there for quite some time.

"Galah's" on the wires at the railway station cleaning
and preening themselves whilst they were hanging about
waiting for the train, about 80 Australian White Ibis
in the paddock close by fossicking for food but also
cleaning and preening. The train travels on to my home
town of Hastings and there on the football field oval
is thee sight of 5, nearly all green, accept for
flecked gold patches on the chest parrots? what they
were I couldn't really see? I was too far off and
moving away from them?

So I get home to see Eggy has answered a phone cawl
for me? wish she could take dictation :^D, Lee is
munching on some leetuce I left out for her, and the
power had been lost for a while?

My conclusion is were going to have a normal day at
the cricket tonight? but why would you think I think
that? and what cricket outcome has been already told
to me?

Yours JAG, Eggy and Lee