birding-aus

Phuket

Subject: Phuket
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:55:01 GMT
Top-o-the-Evening to ya all!! Just back from the above mentioned location. A
bit hot and sticky but well worth the trip. To all of you who has a wife,
husband or partner (who is not interested in birding) then this is the place.
Leave her(or him) on the beach and head off on your motor-scooter to have a
look at the birds. While there I met an ex-pat Brit who was moderately keen on
twitching and took me to a few good birding spots. Anybody having a copy of
Lekagul and Round (Birds of Thailand) will have to revise their distribution
maps! However when I get my dirty socks washed out, I will post a fuller report
of my sightings. Cheers, Robbie Brown.