birding-aus

Topnot Pigeons

To: "Birding Australia" <>
Subject: Topnot Pigeons
From: "Lesley Judge" <>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 13:44:13 +1000
Hi everyone.
Have just received some info from John Bowden and SOB! SOB! what I thought were Topknot pigeons are really crested, whereas, the ones we had at our other house in Tannum, WERE Topknots. Here I am telling Carla I'm sure they're topknots because they're different from the ones we had before. Duh!
According to John, the Topknots have a more rounded tuft of feathers on their heads.
So, we've left the Topknots behind and now have Crested. Now I have to inform the locals. Hmmm.... not an easy job.

Carla, thanks for your offer to take us out to Toonpan when we're in Townsville next. Sounds good.
Lesley