birding-aus

Complete Australian checklist, incl. subspecies

To: "Birding Australia" <>
Subject: Complete Australian checklist, incl. subspecies
From: "Tommy Pedersen" <>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 23:01:20 +0200
Hello again.

I have just finished a "complete" checklist of Australian birds in Excel-format.

It contains two sheets, one with subspecies and one without subspecies.
The format and races are mostly arranged after Clements - Birds of the World, A Checklist, 2000, as well as from internet research.
I have included the different names of identifiable subspecies where I have found them, mostly from Morecombe's fieldguide 2000 and Simpson & Day fieldguide, sixth edition.

I would appreciate feedback from interested birders, and will be happy to attach the checklist (365 kb) to anyone interested.
Appreciated are also feedback on ssp's from Clements that are completely "wrong" (quite a few vary from Simpson & Day / Morecombe...) - as well as WHY they are wrong.

Birders not interested in giving feedback; please wait before requesting a copy, as I will post another message later when the list is more "up to date".

Cheers from sunny, summery Norway,

Tommy

Democratic Republic of Congo birding-site:
http://home.online.no/~stingray/Index.htm

Tommy Pedersen
Havreveien 28
N-0680 Oslo, Norway