birding-aus

RFI: New info on Button-quails

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: RFI: New info on Button-quails
From: "Philip A. Veerman" <>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 16:24:53 +1000
I logged on to the African birding chatline (to follow up about the solar eclipse) and came across this request for any new information on Button-quails. So I am passing on this request. Some of you may have something to add that has not already appeared in HANZAB. He is interested in more than the African species. Respond to

All,

I am currently completing species accounts for sandgrouse (and buttonquail)
for a forthcoming gamebirds monograph in the A. & C. Black (Helm) series.
There is still time to include any items of unpublished data for these groups
in the book. Information on range, breeding biology, conservation status,
habitat use and any of the usual range of subjects covered by such works,
which updates information available in the published literature, would be of
great value to myself, Steve Madge and Phil McGowan. Needless to say all
contributions will be acknowledged in the book. Anyone with particular
knowledge of any groups/individual species who would be interested to review
any of the accounts is welcome to contact me, but please note that we are
aiming to deliver the final texts to the publisher within the next 2.5 weeks.

Guy Kirwan

Interested in African birds and their conservation?
Join the ABC at www.africanbirdclub.org.

Message-----