birding-aus

Red-capped dotterels and Nankeen's

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Red-capped dotterels and Nankeen's
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 21:22:43 -0700 (PDT)
G'day All,

At about ten PM last night with he tide out and very
still water conditions, my good friends Tony and
Elaine
wish to report sightings of a pair of red-capped
Dotterel close to the fresh fish shop near the
Hastings pier, just to the right hand side of the pier
beginning, darting around in short spurts, at first
they thought they were water rats, later inspection
revealed otherwise.

A walk to the end of the pier then revealed 2 Nankeen
Night Herons, this is very good as a few month's ago
they saw a solitary NNH fishing from this spot with
the aid of the pier lights in again calm water
conditions.

I have tried my best to get them to join me at 7 am
they say it's to cold and too early? must be Ozzies
eh? hehehehe from he with ICE in his beard

JAG

=====