birding-aus

A day in the life, or the ewe mitre try this quiz.

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: A day in the life, or the ewe mitre try this quiz.
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 22:57:33 -0700 (PDT)
G'day All,

I was sat at home very early this am, listening my 774
3LO on the radio, shivering away waiting for the
kitchen to warm up. I flicked on the radio and was
laughing, nearly straight away, at the words used to
describe the attire worn by some in the ABC studio.
Many chuckles by me at John Fein in his Homer Simpson
outfit and slippers but feeling quite down at the fact
of how many homeless we have in Melbourne? I thought
do they take into account homeless bird numbers?
homeless little feathers that are robbed of their
trees and homes?

I stayed tuned as the skies darkened with the sun
coming up? a few very loud thunderclaps as I thought
how about a quiz on nest box building? I know so many
local ladies that love to play around with home making
especially home making for birds. Plus the huge number
of males that love to shape wood.

So I rugged up the empty mouth and wandered up to my
local hardware store ..... jackpot !!!! because they
have on special a 48 piece Drill and Cutting Tool set.
I bought one for myself, and one to give away as a
competition prize to you beaut folks, and I can only
say I think they would be ideal for any prospective
nest box builder. I couldn't bend their arms to donate
an ARLEC hurricane cordless drill but if I keep
pecking away at them?

Okay the quiz:

Question 1.
What is thee largest bird that will use a nest box in
Australia.

Question 2.
What is thee largest bird that will use a nest box in
the USA.

Question 3.
What is thee largest bird that will use a nest box in
the UK.

Question 4.
What is thee smallest bird that will use a nest box,
in any of the country's listed above.

If you would like to view what you could win then give
it a day or so? and then go to www.mitre10.com.au

Stay warm out there, gee this Eggy scarf is so warm.

Good luck to all,
John A. Gamblin, Eggy and Lee.