birding-aus

Marine Park - Herald Sun voteline.

Subject: Marine Park - Herald Sun voteline.
From: "Paul Jones" <>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:00:34 +1000
Hi All
Further to John's message last night, just recieved this info from the VNPA.
 If interested please act now.

Paul

Subject:
          URGENT - Herald Sun Vote Line
    Date:
          Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:53:18 +1000
   From:
          Effie Kene <>

DO WE WANT THE STATE GOVERNMENT TO WITHDRAW ITS MARINE
NATIONAL PARKS LEGISLATION?

OF COURSE NOT!

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR VOTE WITH THE HERALD SUN VOTELINE TODAY

The state government is threatening to withdraw the legislation to establish
marine national parks
because it and the Liberal party can?t find a solution to the issue of adequate
economic mitigation
and a process to allow the fishing industry to make claims regarding fair value
of any impacts.

Both the Liberal and Labor parties are now on the public record saying that
they support a
representative system of marine national parks for Victoria. But they must be
prepared to go the
extra distance to achieve it.

We can?t let our state politicians off the hook.

The question on the Herald Sun voteline today is:

IS THE GOVERNMENT RIGHT TO DUMP ITS MARINE PARKS PLAN?

CALL NOW AND VOTE NO ON 1300 360 204

The Voteline closes at 6.00pm today.  So be quick and register your NO vote
now.

Please send this message on.

Effie Kene
Office Coordinator