birding-aus

RFI: Birding around Sydney

To: <>
Subject: RFI: Birding around Sydney
From: "Jeff Price" <>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 15:29:05 -0600
Three yanks will be birding around Sydney between Oct. 10 and Oct. 16.  The
only problem is, we don't know where to go!  We will have already spent a
week in the Cairns area and four days at Lamington before we are in Sydney
se we should have covered those habitats pretty well.

We arrive in Sydney on Oct. 10, are scheduled to go on the Oct. 13 pelagic
and depart Sydney on Oct. 16.  Other than needing to stay near the dock on
the night of Oct. 12 and be somewhere around Sydney on the night of Oct. 15
we are quite flexible.  We will have a car and are willing to drive a fair
distance if the birding is worth it (e.g., new habitats).

Some of the spots we've considered -

Royal NP
Blue Mountains
Capertee Valley/Glen Davis
Round Hill (which seems to be a long way)

Any suggestions?  Must see places or must stay at places?

Thanks for your help!

Jeff Price, Ph.D.
Director of Climate Change Impact Studies
American Bird Conservancy
PMB 146
6525 Gunpark Drive, Suite 370
Boulder, CO 80301