birding-aus

Vagrant Gull at Guilderton WA

Subject: Vagrant Gull at Guilderton WA
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 09:17:16 +0800
I was at the Birds Australia WA monthly meeting last night, and Alma de
Rebeira reported a vagrant gull at Guilderton at the mouth of the Moore
River about 1.5 hours north of Perth.

She said it was between the size of a Silver Gull and a Pacific Gull, with
a black tail band.  She mentioned other plumage features (generally grey I
think was one of them?), but I can't remember them.  She said she was
going to write it up (Atlas URRF?  or maybe for WA Bird Notes).

She wasn't sure which species.  Possibly Black-tailed Gull?

She saw it the weekend before last, but it was not there last weekend.  So
keep a look out if you are in or near Perth.