birding-aus

Orange-bellied Parrot in captivity?

To: "" <>
Subject: Orange-bellied Parrot in captivity?
From: Ian May <>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 19:29:17 +0930
G'Day All

A display of rare ornamental birds for sale somewhere in France was
shown during the early part of the SBS television program Global
Village shown at about 6.20 pm last night (23 May).   The locality
in France was stated but I missed it.  Among the birds shown was a
brief shot of a Neophema Parrot which might have been an
Orange-bellied Parrot.  They only showed a glimpse and Im not
certain as I wasn't concentrating at the time.

I hope in this instance that my ID was wrong but if it was an OBP,
it is of concern that this species could be in private collections
and for sale.   I hope that some authority can have a look at a
replay if it is available.   Did anybody else see the program?

                       6.00 DOCUMENTARY SERIES:
                       GLOBAL VILLAGE -Presented by Silvio
                       Rivier. Produced by Christine
                       Conway. (An SBS-TV production, in
                       English); a market for ornamental pets in
                       Wasserburg, Germany, attracts breeders from
                       all over Europe. (From France, in English
                       and French, English subtitles). G CC
                       6.30 WORLD NEWS (An SBS-TV
                       production). "S"

Regards