birding-aus

caloundra sandpit

To: "birdingaus" <>
Subject: caloundra sandpit
From: "KEITH BRANDWOOD" <>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 14:56:10 +0100
Hi all, Jill, Keep up the reports Jill its the closest us Sydneyites ever
get to those sort of numbers down here.

For Sydney birdos on our normal Wednesday outing we
saw a Beautiful Firetail in the rehabilitated land at Agnes
Banks a new site I believe, lets hope the White-backed
Swallows return, they used to be regular there 15 years ago.

I have a question in regards to the yellow tipped form of the Striated
Pardalote I spoke of some days ago.
They have a call easily seperated from the red tipped form, the yellow
tipped form breeds in Tassie but spends its winter on the mainland ie
6months here 6 there, how come its call is different when its never been
isolated from the red tipped one, to my knowledge.

keith

quest apparently originated from Tasmania.  The
Triple-J news story I heard implied it was in response to an
oil slick in Tasmania; perhaps it is in preparation for such an
event, but I suspect that it may well have become an urban legend.