birding-aus

A Normal Friday

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: A Normal Friday
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 20:52:54 -0700 (PDT)
I've had this dream,
A beautiful dream,
A Dream in black and white,
And in this dream,
I alone have seen,
Declared,
The first birding needs and right.

G'day All,

I woke early this am to defeat even my feathered
children in getting up!!!! should have seen the
shocked looked on their faces as they were saying "You
okay Dard? are you walking in your sleep dard?" reason
for this was trying to cram as much as I could into my
day in Frankston. So after a quick shower I went for
my morning constituitional to see about 200 Australian
White Ibis (Threskiornis molucca) lining the road that
leads from my home to the Marina complex. At first
glance I thought it must have been birdmaids? they
regularily have big wedding receptions there :^D nice
of them to line the road as I walked quickly up the
middle of the road I thought.

Further up and close to the Marina car park were five
white faced heron? they looked like they had been to
the wedding and were quite white around the gill's :-]

Onward I plodded as I called "Marnin to the formally
dressed ladies in their pink and grey, not hanging
about or upside down.

Onward forever onward to the spot where I layed poor
Wundollah mk4 to rest, close to eternal waves.

Blew my nose, and then headed on back home to get
ready for Frankston and a meeting with sponsors.

I walked into the driveway, as I said my normal
morning to all gathered there, I noticed one of David
Geerings mates, a gorgeous Honeyeater who must have
been a Richmond FC supporter :-] and what a fabulous
song he sang to me.

Caught the train to Frankston, discussions conclude
and all I ponder now is how long will the smile on my
face last, it's etched I feel ....... some sadness
then soaked in extreme happiness this week, that's
what a rehabber gets eh?

Expect something from Pen_Gwynne soon as he has a
dream that's coming true, but still he asks a favor
from you.

John A. Gamblin