birding-aus

Mildura Sewerage Ponds

To: "birding-aus" <>, <>
Subject: Mildura Sewerage Ponds
From: "Bob & Sadhana Cook" <>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 21:48:21 +1000
Luck comes in both good and bad varieties!

After seeing Barry's report of Freckled Duck at the Mildura Sewerage Ponds as recently as one week ago, I was delighted as I was scheduled to go up to Lower Murray Water Authority at Mildura for a consultancy assignment today (LMW operates the sewerage works).  My friends at LMW called Les who manages the works who said come on down & I'll show you where they are!

Arrived there this afternoon to be shown the exact spot where they were "here last week....Some birder from Canada was here and thought they were great.... they must have left in the last few days!".

Anyway, there were Black Duck, Wood Duck, Aust Shelduck, Musk Duck, Pink-eared Duck, Grey Teal, Chestnut Teal, Aust. Grebe, Hoary-headed Grebe, Black Swan, Pelican, Great Egret, White-faced Heron, White Ibis, Pied Cormorant, Darter, Black-winged Stilt, Black-fronted Dotterel, Whistling Kite,  but no Freckled Duck!

Ah well, maybe next time.

Bob & Sadhana Cook
Elphinstone, Central Vic.