birding-aus

Recent trip

To: "birdingaus" <>
Subject: Recent trip
From: "Doug Holly" <>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 08:05:45 +0930
G'day All,
I have just returned from a four week,4000km trip and met up with a group at Astrebla Downs N/P looking for Plains Wanderers...we found one after many nights and Km of spotlighting.  Other highlights of the 135 species seen for the trip was..
6 Letter-wing Kites
100s Flock Bronzewing
6 Black Falcons
Spinnifex Pigeon....lots
At Lake Machattie..............
2000+ hardhead
c100 Gull-billed Tern
At Cuttaburra Crossing.............
5000+ Pelican
1 Black-necked Stork
2000+ Whiskered Tern
100+Glossy Ibis
4 Pied Heron...plus immatures( maybe bred there)
100s Nankeen Night-heron
100s of other water birds...a sight to see.
Below Birdsville....on a wetland
600+ Glossy Ibis
3 Brolga
A great trip.......Doug Holly