birding-aus

yellow-faced honeyeaters in Sydney

To: "birding-aus, birding-aus" <>
Subject: yellow-faced honeyeaters in Sydney
From: John Clifton-Everest <>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 08:38:51 +1000
Bruce Roubin wrote"
I'd be interested to know if anyone's come across yellow-faced
honeyeaters in abundance anywhere close to inner-city Sydney.

Oddly enough, I had my first y-f honeyeater in our back yard in Bexley
last week.  It shot into view two metres from me over the fish-pond, and
then perched in the oak-tree, listened when I whistled to it, but only
long enough to ascertain I was not the real thing, and then took off,
heading NW.  But a first sighting in  backyard is hardly an 'abundance',
of course!
John Clifton-Everest

--
Associate Professor John M. Clifton-Everest
Department of Germanic Studies