birding-aus

Problem Messages

Subject: Problem Messages
From: R D Woodford <>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:30:20 +1000
Hi all

I've just discovered the problem with the attachments sent (probably inadvertently) via birding-aus. I have blocked that account, that account name, the attachment type etc. Sorry if any of you were infected by these messages. Please remember that Birding-aus messages

SHOULD NEVER CONTAIN ATTACHMENTS!

Delete ANY that do, even if they SEEM to be from regulars (a couple of them are infected too).

The filters have also picked up a few other attachments in the last day or so (and these looked to be "innocent" ones - including a short movie clip). Can I be boring and repeat:

DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS TO BIRDING-AUS

That should also imply that you NEVER OPEN ATTACHMENTS from birding-aus, or even read the messages carrying them. User beware, and so on.

Thanks for the good work put in by Jon Wren, Tony Russell, Laurie Knight and Bob Inglis, and others. I've notified IPX so they can speak to the originating account holder and help them fix their system if it is an innocent error - as it appears to be.

Be careful out there...

Russell Woodford

--
Russell Woodford
Birding-Aus List Manager

http://www.shc.melb.catholic.edu.au/home/birding/
Ph (BH/AH) (03) 52 739 237
Fax       (03) 52 739 371
Mobile 0419 395 100 Birding-Aus is on the Web at