birding-aus

Birdline Victoria Update - 2/4/01

Subject: Birdline Victoria Update - 2/4/01
From: Stuart Cooney <>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 13:34:25 +1000
Birdline Victoria Update for the week ending 2/4/01

As the seasons change in 2001, the past few months can be considered fairly unremarkable in terms of rarities to our state, however with twenty Birdline Victoria weekly updates having been compiled, we are sure that the fine work of our regular contributors will spot anything exciting in the months to come.

Thanks go to all those who have passed on sightings, I hope it continues, and I hope that a report on Birdline Victoria helps you to get a new tick!

31 March
A Black Kite was sighted at Point Cook, which is significant for its proximity to Melbourne, thanks Peter Crabtree

25 March
2 or more Swift Parrots at Graytown in central Victoria (between Heathcote and Rushworth), thanks Lawrie Conole.

25 March
The Intermediate Egret, seen earlier in the week, as well as a Zebra Finch and the south-eastern suburbs resident Magpie Goose were seen at the Eastern Treatment Plant, thanks Mike Carter.

25 March
10 feeding Swift Parrots in Red Ironbark in the Sedgwick State Forest, 10 minutes south-east of Bendigo, thanks Chris Tzaros.

24 March
Orange Chats were seen at Lake Tutchewop, west of Kerang, thanks Chris Coleburn

22 March
A freshly dead Masked Owl was seen at Nowa Nowa in East Gippsland, thanks Ken Harris.

22 March
6 Spotless Crakes and 5 Topknot Pigeons at Thurra River, in Croajingalong N.P., thanks Ken Harris.

20 March
An Intermediate Egret at Eel Race Drain, Carrum, thanks Sean Dooley.

Early 2001
4-5 pairs of Little Terns successfully bred at the mouth of the Glenelg River in Nelson, thanks Mike Carter

Birdline Victoria is a service for birdwatchers to report and find out about rare and unusual birds in Victoria and is brought to you by the VicGroup of Birds Australia. Birdline can be contacted on (03) 9882 2390 or on the Internet at
http://home.iprimus.com.au/scooney/index.htm

Regards,

Stuart

This update was sent to you on request or via the Birding-Aus mailing list. If you received this e-mail in error please reply to the sender to be removed from the recipient list.