birding-aus

Quoll Sighting? Blue Range Vic.

To: Brian Fleming <>, birding aus <>
Subject: Quoll Sighting? Blue Range Vic.
From: susannah <>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 22:23:15 +1100
Do quolls come in black? I thought they were only orangey brown, some with spots??

Susannah

Brian Fleming wrote:

Early Sunday morning (3 am) 18/3 while driving along Quartz Creek Rd
between Marysville and Thornton I "put up" what must have been a Quoll.

Long, slender, black animal, short legs, tail long and furred but not
bushy, ears not furred as they appeared pink in the headlights. It ran
along the road ahead of me but was too far off for me to comment on its
running action, except that it was NOT a cat. Proportions were ferret
rather than possum, and body and tail each might have been about 30 cm
long. Would someone please pass this on to the Vic. DNRE fauna atlas.