birding-aus

birds and vineyards

To: "birding -aus" <>
Subject: birds and vineyards
From: "KEITH BRANDWOOD" <>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 22:42:43 -0000
Hi all/ Micheal

You asked do friar birds forage on the ground, I have never seen one doing
this, but obviously they found the openings. I realize that not fitting the
nets correctly
defeats the object of the nets in the first place , believing that the
owner will fix the problem, I will hold my breath.

The long line fishing industry never fixed their problem of bycatch, which
was most detrimental to their catch, it was left to others.

There will probably be a problem with birds in the olive groves that are
being planted everywhere, I have already been told of a olive grower who is
threatening to shoot any birds he finds in his groves.

keith brandwood