birding-aus

Quail Thrush at Uluru

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: Quail Thrush at Uluru
From: "Sean Dooley" <>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 00:46:02 +1100
This is rather an unusual request, but for the purposes of a show I am putting on about birdwatching in the Melbourne Comedy Festival, I need to know whether it is possible to see Chestnut-breasted Quail Thrush in the vicinity of Uluru.

My research has led me to believe that one would be more likely to see Chestnut-brested than Cinnamon in this neck of the woods, though whether the habitat around the rock is suitable, I'm not sure. I have been there twice and seen no Quail Thrush, not even Chestnut which is probably the most likely suspect here.

For artistic purposes I want to set this part of the story at Uluru, but stretching the truth to get a laugh is one thing, but stretching the truth and "stringing" a sighting is quite another matter.

If anyone has any experience of or opinions on Quail Thrush in the Uluru region, I would be most grateful.

Sean Dooley