birding-aus

backyard birds

To: "" <>
Subject: backyard birds
From: mark kliene <>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 22:42:25 +1100
Hi all,

A couple of lovely sightings for my backyard in suburban Heidelberg
(MELB) over the past week. Firstly, a pair of Grey Butcherbirds are
making themselves known in the immediate area - and it is wonderful to
hear their early morning songs!.And yesterday, whilst playing with my
2.5 year old daughter ( and may i say my new 6  day old daughter,Ellie -
congratulations please... i heard an unfamiliar cheeping coming from the
top of our Oak tree, so with bins in hand i investigated and to our
great surprise - a Mistletoebird! although this may not be surprising to
some, it certainly is to me and my humble backyard - and a new record
with some photos to match. I also noticed the other day a large
unidentified Gull sitting upon a light pole on the corner of Plenty Road
and Kingsbury Drive, near Latrobe Uni. I just thought it a bit odd.

Happy birding,

Mark Kliene.