birding-aus

White-fronted honeyeaters

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: White-fronted honeyeaters
From: "Trevor Hampel" <>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 21:03:00 +1030
Hi there birders,

Just on sunset last night we were enjoying the last of a lovely meal with friends. It had been a rather hot day here in Murray Bridge (41 degrees C) and was still about 33 at 8pm. Our friends were enjoying the passing parade of honeyeaters visiting the water container we keep just outside the window.

My friend (not a birder) commented that a particular bird didn't look like a sparrow. Closer inspection revealed an immature White Fronted Honeyeater, an irregular visitor to the Murray Bridge area (80km SE of Adelaide).

This is about the south westerly limit of their distribution here in Sth Aust.
It adds another species to my home block list; I have seen it previously some 500 metres up the road.

Happy birding,

Trevor Hampel
Murray Bridge