birding-aus

Re:Ticking House Crows

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: Re:Ticking House Crows
From: "Philip A. Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 13:44:41 +1100
Laurie & Leanne Knight raised a question. I have retained it below for convenience, because otherwise readers may forget what I am responding to, and it was concise.
My response, as one of thousands of us, is based only on the thought that the question does not concern a formal study or structured survey (otherwise my answer would be very different).
My idea is that each person can have, or not have, their own lists structured however they wish. Who cares what someone else adds to whatever list? That is their choice. If the record is accepted as valid, it should appear in documents like the Victorian Annual Bird Report or elsewhere, to show that the bird occurred there. I am happy for the enjoyment it may give you to encounter it. Beyond that, it doesn't matter two hoots, oops caws, to me whether whoever saw what, counted it on some kind of tally.