birding-aus

Collared Imperial Pigeon twitch - we dipped

To: "BIRDING-AUS" <>
Subject: Collared Imperial Pigeon twitch - we dipped
From: "Mike Carter" <>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 13:13:41 +1100
An attempt by Tony Palliser (Sydney), Keith Fisher (Cairns), Glen & Jenny Holmes (Atherton), Jo Wieneke, Ken Cross & David James (Townsville), Tom Smith & myself (Melbourne), on Friday 2 February to see Collared Imperial Pigeons on Fantome Island failed. We were taken by Andre of Aquagasm Diving (Tel. 0407 378 968) from Taylor's Beach (between Ingham and Lucinda). He has permission to land 5 or 7 times a month. Also, David James obtained written permission, more of a welcome really, by fax from Robert Blackley, chairman Palm Island Aboriginal Council to visit Palm and surrounding islands.
    Birds were scarce and we saw nothing unexpected. Our search was impeded by a vicious thunderstorm.
                                Mike Carter