birding-aus

That single crow

To: Tony Russell <>
Subject: That single crow
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 16:47:18 -0800 (PST)
Dear All,

I think the great Mr. Pizzey would refer to a pair of
Columbo Crow? and more to the point a pair os birds
with the capability of mating and mulitplying. The
possibilities of this are extremely remote with a
single bird and surely NOT with this single solitary
lost little soul? which has found the good land and
life? it is more then likely an escaped pet bird from
a ship? one wonders about any possible legal action
from an owner of such a bird? or at the very least
thee Oz birders reputation?

I have found out recently that due to man made global
CLIMATE change we can expect to lose up to fifty per.
cent of all Oz birds in the next 30 years ..... good
eh
perhaps I should build an ark just for birds .....

John A. Gamblin.

Tony Russell <> wrote:

Hi folks,

Following reports of the House Crow on Phillip Island
earlier in the week on this net ( Mike Carter / Rohan
Clarke) two of us in Adelaide thought we'd give it a
try before someone disposed of it .. Driving over on
Thursday we found it fairly quickly on some power
lines with four Little Ravens on St Leonards Rd at 38
30 44s 145 08 06e, inland from Shelly Beach carpark.
The following morning we happened to meet Ken Simpson
and Nick Day who were out looking for it, and although
the bird was moving around with a flock of ravens, we
managed to find it a number of times, most frequently
at 38 31 03s 145 07 58e on the top of a cliff on the
south coast, where Ken got some stills and Nick got in
some video footage. The birds were moving about
roughly between these two GPS points, frequently
stopping on the tops of bushes and going to ground,
presumably to feed. Of course the rain that day soaked
us all, but it
was still warm, and in the middle of a successful
twitch, so what?

Has anyone else been out there to see it yet, or has
someone already followed Graham Pizzey's advice?

Cheers. Tony.
Get to actually see the birds with Adelaide Birding.
phone: 08 8337 5959, o/s 61 8 8337 5959
e-mail:

=====
Get to actually see the birds of Western Port Bay and
French Island with H²olly Homes Birding.

phone: 59 79 3709
e-mail: