birding-aus

Scopes

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Scopes
From: "Mike Tarburton" <>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 08:15:52 +1000
To those interested in scopes

I can vouch for the quality of photos taken by a Nikon Coolpix 990 through
even the 60x Leica scope.  I sent a photo of a red-rumped Swallow to Mike
Carter - taken through this combination and his comment was that I must have
gotten very close.  Actually I was on the ground and the bird was on some
high tension lines 14-20 m away.  I have also taken good shots of the Common
Kingfisher and the Spotted Whistling Duck.  You have to take a good number
of shots as camera shake is quite bad - but then on  a digital camera you
are not wasting film or money.

Happy birding

Mike

--