birding-aus

Could anyone help .....

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Could anyone help .....
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 18:29:48 -0800 (PST)
I have this idea, that growing around these parts are
a group of those of lesser years of myself who enjoy
birds and thee Oz environment. So much so that friends
in the print media locally have offered to help and
are now in fact helping me put together the "Weebil's"
bird group for humans of an age group under ten.

This is being done by the Independent Newspaper Group.
My great friend Mike Ryan is thee man there.

Mike told me to tell all that want to help his email
address is  just put in the subject
line .... attn: Mike Ryan

What I would love to know is if I scan up some photo's
I have taken of local Mornington Peninsula birds, and
I was to put the images on a set of floppy disks could
this disks be used in Victorian/ perhaps even go as
far as Australian schools?

What anti virus needs would have to be met? are there
any other problems then virus fears?

All images would be in BMP format.

Early morning discussions today resolved that taking
the photo images to schools locally would be easy to
achieve and would help with wildbird ID in the actual
schoolgrounds? perhaps some photo's of wildbirds taken
in their very own schoolgrounds could be used?

My only concern is the issue of virus's especially in
schools? where I am told they seem to live? I hope
that info is in fact very wrong?

If anyone on the list could help, assist, or steer me
in the right direction I would be most grateful.

John A. Gamblin
a six feet quarter inch weebil eh :-]

Goes off to think of a good junior bird club name hmmmmm