birding-aus

Norfolk Island Trip Summary (long)

To: birding aus <>
Subject: Norfolk Island Trip Summary (long)
From: Brent Stephenson <>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 13:52:18 +1200
Hi Roger and birding ausers,

I was interested to see your report for your Norfolk trip. I have been to Norfolk several times in the past, always in winter though. Here in NZ, the Ornithological Society of New Zealand (OSNZ) has a SW Pacific Islands convener, who people send info to regarding recent trips to these islands (Norfolk included). This person is JL Moore, and his address is 32 Brook Street, Lower Hutt, New Zealand. It may well be worth contacting him Roger, and sending him a copy of your report along with the specifics for some of the less common species. I am sure he would be very keen to hear from you.

Jim wrote a round up of Norfolk bird records from 1977-1997 and published this in Notornis - Vol 46 Part 3 Pages 354-364. He also wrote an earlier paper detailing records from 1968-1984 (Notornis 32:311-318). These maybe of interest.

Hope this is of use.

Cheers
Brent

---------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------

Brent Stephenson
Regional Representative for the
Hawkes Bay Region of the Ornithological Society of New Zealand Inc. (OSNZ)

1A Onslow Road
Napier
New Zealand

WebMaster for the OSNZ's Web site

Phone +06 8336931
Cellphone                025 GANNET (426 638)
Email

Check out the OSNZ Website at http://osnz.org.nz