birding-aus

Rainbow Bee-eaters

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Rainbow Bee-eaters
From: "Trevor Hampel" <>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 23:02:38 +1030
Hi there birders,

I have often commented to my family that most birds do not study the field guides and tend to pop up in unexpected places or do things they are not supposed to do.

Now I'm convinced that they also subscribe to Birding-Aus!!!

Only a few days ago I commented on how I hadn't seen any Rainbow Bee-eaters here in Murray Bridge this year (80 km SE of Adelaide).

So what turns up this afternoon??? Three of them flitting all around the house, sitting on the TV antenna and calling out - or was it their version of laughter??

Anyway, I was enough to distract me from the test cricket.

Happy birding,

Trevor Hampel