birding-aus

Blue Mountains congratulations

To: Carol Probets <>, Carol Probets <>
Subject: Blue Mountains congratulations
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 15:30:17 -0800 (PST)
Firstly a sincere congratulations to all concerned
with
The Blue Mountains and the world heritage listing. It
makes me feel so good and warm inside. I decided to do
a Kenny Rogers rewrite to celebrate.

:-}

I'd like to dedicate this to all that helped with the
blue mountains project, from this fella who is also a
blue :-] *Laughing* I hope you all like this as the
last one I did caused a laugh from many, so here goes
again. I thought of this as I watched a plover this
week play with what I thought was a very small eel or
thin shaped fish?

:-]

"On a sandbar near Hastings,"
"Across from some metal filings,"
"At a muddy beach she slipped of her ring,"
"She was a plover,"
"Who looked like no other,"
"She promised to give me everything,"
"She was a beauty,"
"And when she flew to me,"
"I told her that I'd lost my mind,"
"She said don't bother,"
"You look just like no other,"
"And to birds you are thee most kind,"

"You picked a fine time to leave me Loose eel,"
"With two hungry children and a crop to be filled,"
"We've had some bad times,"
"Been through some sad times,"
"So glad that the bay is not ill,"
"You picked a fine time to leave me Loose eel,"

Have a McGrath day,
hehehehehe

Needs more work eh? try adding your own.
John A. Gamblin