birding-aus

Life can be like this eh?

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Life can be like this eh?
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:25:21 -0800 (PST)
G'day All,

Years ago we used to have around these parts
(Hastings, Victoria, Australia) good numbers of some
yellow-tailed black cockatoo's? that was when dirt
roads were really dirt roads and native tree's were a
plenty? and you brewed your own beer to later on use
as a mozzie repellant :-]

Early am today, and I'm just having a chat with a good
friend in Salmon street, Hastings. When right over our
heads go the unmistakeable wings flaps of a pair of
yellow tailed black cockatoo. Rather low. We both say
nope it was not what we thought, only ones we know of
are on French Island.

I wonder if Peter Them is salivating? :-]

I says to Tony my near neighbour, I bet it's that
pesky Cere Hugo or Wascally Wussell playing around
with us :-] giggle if you follow that up by some
unusual fieldwren behaviour ( head landing ) then life
is good in this land of our's eh? :-] but when you try
to take some photo's with a feathered friend hanging
upside down from your forlocks and trying hard to look
in the lens. Well it happened to me now it's happened
to some visitors here hehehe have a great day everyone
don't forget to increase your clean water consumption.

John A. Gamblin