birding-aus

More drivel

To: <>
Subject: More drivel
From: "Harry Clarke" <>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:58:15 +1100
Once I got bitten on the butt by a red capped sandfly which, once I had
displayed its presence to some interstate visitors, took off to nearby
rainforests.  Its wings were accipiter-shaped and its dainty green feet
protruded well beyond its tail worts. Attempting to recover that portion of
my rear end seized by the bug, I followed it into the forest where my legs,
between duds and pink bug-proofed socks, were attacked by grey whiskered
ticks and red-lored liches. Three painful, below-waist bites in less than 20
minutes. 'Gee whiz and crikey' I gasped quietly, so as not to upset the
womenfolk. Not as bad as being bored to death by inane email on Birding-Aus
and better than twitching cloud formations.