birding-aus

Sewage Ponds

To: <>
Subject: Sewage Ponds
From: "Ralph REID" <>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 18:37:59 +1100
->If there are those who are interested, I would be willing to develop
>such information and post it. It would seem that the following would be
>necessary.
>
>1. Official name.
>2. Physical location and how to get there in detail. Many ponds are down
>some un-named road.

The following are the Sewage Treatment Works that are/were operated in the
Sydney and near areas by Sydney Water (some have been closed):

Castle Hill Sewage Treatment Plant is located on Wrights Road, Castle Hill.
Glenfield Sewage Treatment Plant is located on Victoria Road, Glenfield.
Hornsby Heights Sewage Treatment Plant is located off Pike Road, Hornsby
Heights.
Liverpool Sewage Treatment Plant is located at 32-40 Scrivener Street,
Warwick Farm.
North Richmond Sewage Treatment Plant is located on the corner of Bells Line
of Road and Crooked Lane, North Richmond.
Penrith Sewage Treatment Plant is located on Castlereagh Road, Penrith.
Quakers Hill Sewage Treatment Plant is located on Quakers Rd near the corner
of Station Road, Quakers Hill.
Richmond Sewage Treatment Plant is located on Bourke Street, Richmond
Riverstone Sewage Treatment Plant is located on Bandon Road, Vineyard.
Round Corner Sewage Treatment Plant is located off Wirrabara Road, Round
Corner
Rouse Hill Sewage Treatment Plant is located off Mile End Road, Rouse Hill
St Marys Sewage Treatment Plant is located on Links Road, Dunheved.
Warragamba Sewage Treatment Plant is located off Weir Road, Warragamba.
West Camden Sewage Treatment Plant is located on the corner of Ferguson Road
and Sheathers Lane, West Camden.
West Hornsby Sewage Treatment Plant is located on Valley Road, Hornsby.
South Katoomba site was decommissioned in June 1999.
North Katoomba plant was decommissioned in May 1996
Mt Victoria Sewage Treatment Plant is located off Wentworth Street, Mount
Victoria.
Mt Riverview plant was decommissioned in December 1999
Wentworth Falls was decommissioned in June 1996
Bombo Sewage Treatment Plant is located off Darien Avenue Kiama Downs.
Bellambi Sewage Treatment Plant is located off Robert Cram Drive Bellambi
Point.
Port Kembla Sewage Treatment Plant is located off Military Road Port Kembla.
Shellharbour Sewage Treatment Plant is located off Junction Road
Shellharbour.
Wollongong Sewage Treatment Plant is located off Port Kembla Road, Coniston.
Other Blue Mountains plants are at Blackheath, Glenbrook and Winmalee, but
they might just be pumping stations (without treatment) ? I am not sure.

Regards

Ralph Reid
Sydney

P.S.  Do you want the ones for rural NSW also?