birding-aus

Websites-publicity

Subject: Websites-publicity
From: stuart dashper <>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 16:17:10 +1100
Dear All,

Whilst the discussion on birding-aus is centring on websites I thought this
may be an opportune moment to announce that the Victorian Regional Group of
Birds Australia (VicGroup) has just set up a website that we will use to
publicise our birding/conservation related activities. The URL is
http://www.websurf.net.au/~vicgroup

Please feel free to visit this site especially if you're planning a trip to
Victoria and would like to join us on an outing. We hope that the site will
soon contain a rundown of current conservation issues as they relate to the
avifauna of Victoria, links to other birding sites, recent trip reports
etc. The site is currently in its infancy, but should develop in the next
month or two. A report on the recent Twitchathon with a photo of the
winning team, Bush Turkeys led proudly by Shaun Dudley (sic) is included.

Cheers
Stuart Dashper
VicGroup Conservation Officer